To install Visual Studio Code on Windows:
- Download Visual Studio Code for Windows from the official website: https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Run the downloaded VSCodeSetup.exe file.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
To install Visual Studio Code on macOS:
- Download Visual Studio Code for macOS from the official website: https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Double-click the downloaded VSCode.dmg file.
- Drag and drop the Visual Studio Code icon into the Applications folder.
To install Visual Studio Code on Linux:
- Download Visual Studio Code for Linux from the official website: https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Open a terminal and navigate to the location where you downloaded the VSCode .deb file.
- Run the following command:
sudo apt install ./<file>.deb
To configure Visual Studio Code to write complex Python programs:
- Install the Python extension for Visual Studio Code by going to the Extensions tab (Ctrl+Shift+X) in Visual Studio Code and searching for “Python”.
- Click the Install button for the Python extension.
- Restart Visual Studio Code after the installation is complete.
- Open a new Python file in Visual Studio Code by clicking the File menu and selecting New File.
- Type your Python code into the file and save it with the .py extension.
- Press F5 to run the code in the Visual Studio Code debugger.
Here are some key points to consider when configuring Visual Studio Code for Python development:
- Choose the right Python interpreter: Make sure you have the correct version of Python installed on your system and select the appropriate interpreter in Visual Studio Code.
- Install the Python extension: The Python extension for Visual Studio Code provides a wide range of features, including linting, debugging, and code completion.
- Enable linting: Linting helps you catch syntax errors and other issues in your code. You can enable linting by installing a linter extension and enabling it in the settings.
- Debug your code: Visual Studio Code provides a debugger that allows you to step through your code, inspect variables, and set breakpoints.
- Use code snippets: Code snippets can save you time by providing pre-written code blocks that you can insert into your project. The Python extension for Visual Studio Code includes a number of useful snippets for common tasks.
- Customize the settings: Visual Studio Code provides a wide range of settings that allow you to customize the editor to your liking. You can access the settings by going to the Settings tab (Ctrl+,).
Get Video Python Course Here
Get Video Data Analysis Course Here
Medium Python Course (Curriculum):
- How to install Python in windows, IOS, Linux
- Stay tuned for more